BALI-BALITA

5:32 PM

I hate myself for being out of touch lately. I used to read newspapers daily. Now, I don't even remember the last time I read (as in seriously READ) a newspaper. I've been so addicted to blogging and the hollywood shitzpah courtesy of Pink is the New Blog and the infamous Perez Hilton. This has to stop! Read a book BoobooStrider! Get updated! Be an Inquirer! Grab a newspaper!

Anyway, here are a few things I found out over the week:

Last week we read: "I take full responsibility for my actions and my friends and family have nothing to do with this. To date I have submitted my resignation letters to both the Manila Standard and People Asia, on that note may this matter be laid to rest."

So what is this? Apparently, her resignation letter hasn't been 'formally accepted' by Manila Standard so they will continue to print her column. Next Monday? Hmmm makabili nga.

Yesterday, I found my whole family glued to the boob tube. They were watching Eat Bulaga. I asked if someone won a million-peso jackpot. My dad said they are eagerly awaiting the words that Joey De Leon is gonna spew out against his rival Willie Revillame. The Wowowee 'Wilyonaryo' controversy is still at its peak and the word war isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Even the bloggers try to take each one out:

(from Starmometer.com)

Well, watching ABS-CBN shows for more than 20 years technically makes me a Kapamilya. I saw the video on YouTube. I have to say that I don't think there was an intention to defraud but it's just that Willie didn't handle the situation properly. It was like he ignored the whole thing without explaining what has happened. Of course those people really didn't want to go home empty-handed! Hence, the Kapuso said 'Explain before you Complain'.

++ For both events, the beaten ones are gaining more popularity! I think they're never going to accept Malu's resignation. After all, she has generated the biggest buzz about the paper for the first time in years! As for Willie, he'll survive. If he survived the Ultra tragedy (no pun intended), this is going to be a walk in the park.

Maiba naman ako. Earlier I wrote about:

Mrs. Fields' cookie make-over. The cookie stall turns into a Cookie Cafe.

I went to Powerplant at Rockwell last week to watch a movie. After the movie I decided to buy donuts at Dunkin Donuts. I noticed that they had different variants and the donuts were much bigger than their usual 10-peso ones.

Choco Wacko gets a make-over too!

I told the waitress:

Me: Eto lang?
Waitress: Sir, new variants.
Me: Ohhhhh..... nice.

I ordered one big Choco Wacko and three pieces of munchkins. They put the donuts in a Starbucks-like paper pack. (Gaya-gaya?) Then she said:

Waitress: 150 pesos po.
Me: Huh? Ano po?
Waitress: Yung donuts sir? 150PHP.
ME: WTF?! (in my head)

That's when I noticed that the Powerplant store had a make-over too! It's now called the Dunkin Donuts Cafe. And just like that, they decided to change the seats and tables, sell bigger and more expensive donuts. Probably to fit the Rockwell crowd?

Hey, I couldn't help but wonder.. what's the big deall about the Cafe Revolution? Stalls which used to be student-and-kid-without-a-decent-job-friendly turn into expensive competitors (or copycats) of Starbucks. What's next? Zagu Cafe?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images