A Li'l History Lesson

12:56 PM

When I was a kid, I always dreamed of becoming a Sentai. I've always wanted to buy myself a Bioman suit and wear it on Halloween. Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone who makes Sentai costumes here in Manila.

I first thought that the Bioman were the original Sentai. Did you also cry when Yellow 4 died?


BIOMAN

I recently found my Bioman DVD which contains all of the 51 episodes. Watching it makes me feel like a kid again (doing those poses and karate kicks and screaming 'ha!' yeah!). I did a little research and found out the they are not the first Sentai after all. The first ones were called 'GoRangers':


GO RANGERS

Then came these guys:


BATTLEFEVER J
a.k.a. Ugly Costumes Club


LASER SQUADRON MASKMAN
Shown on IBC 13

Do you still dream about that scene where Michael Joe/Red Mask is trying to save his girlfriend from being swallowed by the ground? And Pink Mask losing her powers, then jeopardizing the fate of the Mask Robot and the entire Maskmen?

Of course there were also other Sentai groups:


FIVEMEN
Shown on ABC 5


TURBO RANGERS Shown on IBC 13

And coming soon:


Nemo Man!

*Just Kidding*

Question: Which Sentai pose is your favorite? Mine is Bioman's.

Note: Sentai Photos borrowed from SuperSentai.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images